Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Three B1fours

These are stock configurations with just a little tweakage. All are bookmatched cherry fronts, alder core and backs. One will end up in Nate's hands, a fretless version.
Marking the layouts and drilling for connectivity. I don't really know what that is, but I thought it made me sound just a little luthierish. (I do not consider myself a luthier, by the way. I make tools for musicians.)
Yes, those drill presses are spinning. I line up the bodies and do all the drilling at the same time. Neck bolts, control pots and knob countersinks, thimble hole and hatch fastener prebores.
Ready for squirtage. All the details have been routed and the floor swept.These are very carefully sanded to 150 grit, dents repaired, ready to finish one would think. But first they need a shower:
I like these images. You can see the water droplets leaving the squirter! Next day, just prior to final, final sanding to remove the fuzz from the grainraising events of the previous, last coat of barrier paint in the electronics cavity.
Now: final sanding and colorants. Whoop! Whoop!

No comments: